Narrative pedigree of the Alington family (early generations)
I. William Alington, died 1446 (or 1445).
He married, before 1409, Joan, [?]daughter of William Burgh; she died 1445/6.
By Joan, William had issue:
- William Alington, of whom below
- Robert, who was living in 1459.
He married, firstly, before 1427, Joan, daughter of John Argentein; she was born 1413 and died without issue 1429.
Robert married, secondly, Margaret, widow of John Shelton and [?]daughter of Robert Brews; she died 1479.
By Margaret, Robert had issue:
- Anne, who married, c.1459, Walter Locton
- Joan, who married John Berney
- [?]John, who [?]married Mary, daughter of John Ansty
- Thomas, who died before 1446, having had an illegitimate son:
II. William Alington, died 1459.
He married, firstly, before 1427, Elizabeth, daughter of John Argentein; she was born 1411, and died [?]1445.
By her, William had issue:
- John Alington, of whom below
- William, died 1479.
He married, c.1458, Joan, daughter of John Anstey; she remarried to .... Hudleston, and died 1493
- Richard, who was living in 1459, but [?]died without issue before 1480
- Margaret, [?]who married John Cloville, and was living 1459
William married, secondly, Mary, widow of Henry Hayward.
He married, thirdly, before 1454, Elizabeth, widow of John Heveningham,
and daughter of John de Redesham; she remarried to John Wymondham, and died before 1473.
III. John Alington, born c.1428 and died 1480.
He married, before 1446, Mary, daughter of Lawrence Cheyne; she died [?]1473.
By her, John had issue:
- William Alington, killed at Bosworth, 1485, from whom the line continued
- Edward, living 1485, who [?]married ...., daughter of Richard [?]Gillotts
- Mary, who married Robert Newport
- [?]Elizabeth, who [?]married, firstly, Henry Pigott and, [?]secondly, John Smarte