What's new on this site: July-September 2017
For more details, with links, of the latest batch of updates, see the
30 September 2017:
In the Feet of Fines section, abstracts of fines have been added for
Lincolnshire (1283-1304) (642 fines).
Medieval source material on the Internet:
Public records: Feet of fines:
- P. H. Reaney and Marc Fitch, eds, Feet of Fines for Essex. Volume 4. 1423-1547. (Essex Society for Archaeology and History)
Essex Archaeological Society, 1964.
- Marc Fitch and Frederick Emmison, eds, Feet of Fines for Essex. Volume 5. 1547-1580. (1991) (Essex Society for Archaeology and History)
- F. G. Emmison, ed., Feet of Fines for Essex. Volume 6. 1581-1603. (1993) (Essex Society for Archaeology and History)
- Francis Palgrave, ed., The rise and progress of the English commonwealth: Anglo-Saxon period. Part 2. Proofs and illustrations. (1832) (Internet Archive - Text Archive)
Very miscellaneous collection of material, including transcripts and translations of documents, much of it later than the Norman Conquest.
Medieval (and early modern) armorials:
- Dering Roll (British Library)
Images of the roll of arms, compiled c. 1270-1280.
Links to some useful societies and journals:
- Yorkshire Archaeological Journal (Internet Archive - Text Archive)
Volumes 1-82 (1870-2010). Entitled the Yorkshire Archaeological and Topographical Journal up to volume 11.
- Yorkshire Archaeological Journal (Yorkshire Archaeological Society)
Volumes 43-86 (1971-2014).
Victoria County History:
- Devon, volume 1 (1906) (Internet Archive - Text Archive)
For older additions, see: